Female
Number of posts : 463
Otherkin Type : Wolfdragoness
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 am

"The public garden leads into the forest trail, we could go to both" I said, turning back to the boys.
I lead the way out of the shop, my legs felt way too powerful.
I glanced at Josh and Shane.
"They both seem to be a little stronger than usual, even though I haven't seen Shane much.." I thought.

Free Spirited Phoenix Dragon

Male
Number of posts : 199
Otherkin Type : White Phoenix Dragon
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:32 pm

"Sounds like a plan!" I replied to the group.

We headed out of Starbucks, walcked across the street to the Bristol Pride Park. We walked in a line, with Mary in the middle, me to the right and Shane to the left and I decided to kick up a conversation with Mary.

"So.. Have you found a new job yet? And what actually happened that day in the donut shop?" I asked, glancing at Mary curiously.

I love you Shaylle, Fireclaw, Maeve, Yoka, Greylight & Momma Shel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/full_time_dragon/
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:36 pm

"I was late, as per usual. The manager sounded like he had sat on a cactus. Nothing new really" I replied nonchalantly, shrugging "Alarm clock soon informed me of my lateness" I added.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:41 pm

I giggled at the cactus joke. "My manager is like that too. One time I almost got sacked for calling him 'dude'! He is a nutjob.. Sometimes I wonder what put him in that chair." I joked, trying to sound funny, which I rarely am. "Do you plan on getting a new job?"

Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:04 pm

"Nah, they all think I'm nuts, my genius is only considered insanity because those people are so dumb they have no idea what the hell I'm talking about" I joked.
The burning pain in my back had now spread all over my torso. I felt my stomach and shoulder muscles tightening, but made no outward sign of my pain.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:08 pm

I nodded in agreement. "I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I use proper words and most people don't know what I mean.

For example. I would say 'I haven't had a mate in ages'. They'd think I haven't had a FRIEND in ages!" I replied.

We made our way towards a forest trail that Shaylle had mentioned. He remained quiet and just listened to the conversation. I gathered he wasn't much of a conversationist...

Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:21 pm

"What's the latest you've ever arrived at work?" I asked as we started walking along the forest trail.
The burning pain was spreading quicker now, it now covered my arms and legs. I could feel it inching slowly up my neck.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:28 pm

"About 3 hours late, when I thought it was the weekend.. It was funny; I laugh at it today, but I got in so much trouble.." I replied, with a tentative smile.

I had felt strange too. I felt like my hands were harder, more tougher than they were.. My feet felt the same too. I looked down at a puddle we were passing.. My eyes were pure blue!! I whipped out my sunglasses and discreetly shoved them onto my face to disguise my eyes.

And my teeth.. My bottom teeth got sharper, but my top really hurt... Like there was toothache in all my top teeth.

What is HAPPENING?!?!

Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:45 pm

"I was once five hours late when I forgot to reset my alarm clock...And then, there was some Dane Cook comedy on the radio about being late for work and it was so true.." I said, smiling at the memory.

The burning pain now covered my whole body.
I felt my skin hardening.
It was hardly noticeable, but I swear my chest was getting flatter.
I sighed quietly.
Great.
I took a stealthy look down at my nonexistent cleavage when I was sure neither of the boys were looking at me. I folded my arms as I walked to hide this new discovery.
Were my biceps meant to feel that powerful?
Why was my tongue now lizardlike?
Why did I feel sharp pains on my head and down my spine?
And why the HELL did my ass hurt?

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:56 pm

"Heh.. Coincedence?" I laughed.

I remained silent afterwards.
I had picked up a familiar feeling from Mary.
I felt like calling her "Fireclaw" for some odd reason..
I rolled my tongue around my teeth, feeling them..
My top teeth were wobbly. My bottom teeth were now incredibly sharp, and now serrated..
My skin was white and now has a lot of hair on it..
My nails were blue.
I walked funny.
My arse had a small extension on it.

And I started to think different.. I only thought of meat, mountains and dragons.. Then, it clicked!

I am turning into a dragon.

"My dream come true.." I said out loud without realizing..

Back to top Go down
Shaylle
Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:15 pm

My entire body ached, as if I had just gotten burned all over. I stopped and felt my face with my now clawed hands. My face was full of scars, and my vision quickly blurred. I looked at Mary; she was the last thing I saw. Then, everything went dark...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dragon-twilight.bbfr.net
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:41 am

I stopped suddenly and hunched over, my spine was changing structure. The burning pain was more intense and I felt scars forming on my face and shoulders. I looked at my hand, it was now had gold claws and was covered in blue scales...in fact, my entire body -except my throat, chest and belly- was covered in blue scales! A gold tiger pattern was spreading all over me. My ears went pointy and a gold horn erupted from next to each of them. Gold underbelly plates formed on the parts of me not covered by blue scales. I fell onto all fours, my legs changing structure and my toes becoming clawed. I closed my eyes as my head changed more too, I now had a muzzle and wolf-like teeth. I flinched as a tail with blue scales and the gold underbelly plates grew, ending in a gold arrowhead shape. Gold spikes grew from the tip of my new muzzle to just before the arrowhead shape on my tail. Blood dripped from where the horns and spikes were. My hair shrank into nothing and I coughed up blood as my vocal chords changed. I roared/screamed as the most painful thing yet happened - wings burst from my shoulders, causing blood to pour down my back, the membrane of my wings was gold and the claws of the wing thumb and wing fingers were gold too, my wing arms were covered in blue scales. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes as I grew to an enormous size, I was 60ft on four feet, 120ft on two and 180ft long. My clothes had ripped off as soon as soon as I had started growing, they lay in a shredded heap beneath me.
My brain pattern changed.
I felt the last bit of human in me die, leaving words that will stay with me forever:

"Goodbye Fireclaw, my alternate self..." Mary said in my mind softly as she faded away.

I roared mournfully, remembering how Mary had sheltered me when I was nothing but her spirit, she knew what I was, subconsciously, but she never realized until now.
I watched the two boys, they were changing too...

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:57 am

I watched in pure amazement at what was happening..

Then, at that moment, I felt an energy source brewing inside me. It felt warm, and reviving. I knew what was coming, so I let meyself overcome me.

I realized that I was definately not human at heart or mind. I didn't know what I was until I started to change.. I looked at my hands. They were pure blue, scaley and had grey claws. And my arms were now snow white and covered in fur! I felt dizzy and the 'energy' inside me caused me to fall to the ground and I fell into a coma, but I was still changing.

My nose and mouth stretched into a snout and muzzle, my top teeth fell out and my top lip became as hard as bone and as sharp as a razor blade. Grey horns erupted from my skull, and dorsal spines grew from my neck.

I grew to about 175ft and my whole anatomy had changed completely. Bird-like wings sprouted from my shoulder blades, and a tail grew slowly..

I saw myself changing while I lay in my coma, and I heard a name...

"Aevlore.."

Back to top Go down
Shaylle
Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:47 am

I fell to my knees, only hearing screams and roars. Blood spewed from my mouth and cracked through my face as I grew and slowly changed. I could not feel anything anymore except fluffiness and burning pain everywhere, where there actually were burns and scars. My arms turned to wings and shifted onto my back, and my chest bled furiously from the sides where my arms used to be. My eyes hurt more than ever, as they felt like they were being torn out of my head. My feet grew long and I grew talons with dark blue claws. I grew to about 200ft with my tail. I opened my beak, but no sound came out, as I fell forward with a "splat" as I landed on my belly in Fireclaw's and my mixed pool of blood.
Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:13 am

I looked at the two I thought I'd lost forever.
Shaylle - My love.
Aevlore - My brother.
I sighed.
The winner of the 'Who can stay on their feet for longest when turning into a dragon' contest goes to...

I hoisted Aevlore onto my back (thankfully his fur was thick enough to protect him from my spikes) since he was still in a coma then rolled Shaylle onto his back (flattening some trees) and held him close, belly-to-belly with my arms.
I kicked off the ground with my feet and spread my wings. My wings strained with all the extra weight and the fact I hadn't used them in over 19 years but I still rapidly gained altitude, trying to avoid the unwanted sights of humans.
Good thing the forest was huge.
Soon I was above the clouds, trying to figure out where to go in this confusing realm.
I flew in a random direction for ages, finally coming to some mountains.
What were these called again?
I vaguely remembered my humanself learning about them.
That's it! The Himalayas!
Before I landed in a stone valley, I melted the snow out of it with a blast of fire.
It felt good to do that.
I must have repressed anger issues...
I landed and gently set Shaylle on the now warm, smooth rock. I walked a few paces away and crouched low, tilting to the side so that Aevlore rolled off my back.
I climbed up onto a ledge and stared up and the starry sky, spotting unfamiliar constellations that my humanself had learned about.
I jumped gracefully to the ground again and lay in the middle of Shaylle and Aevlore, stretching a protective wing over them each.

Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:26 am

I put a protective wing around them both too, one underneath them, around their backs, and one over top of them, around their bellies. My once bleeding chest had now fully healed over, and with feathers growing over top of it, it just looked like I had a really puffy chest and belly. My face still bled though.
Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:39 am

I lifted my head when I felt Shaylle move, I moved my wing to look him in the face, keeping my other wing over Aevlore since he had yet to show signs of waking up.
"Hello again, love, after all these years" I say to Shaylle, not in my guttural language (since that was for my species) but in the common tongue. My eyes were filled with emotion.

Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:23 am

I gave Fireclaw a gently nuzzle in return, as if I was staring back at her too. The nuzzle left a bit of blood on her muzzle.
Back to top Go down
Aevlore

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:32 am

I slowly awoke from my coma to see two familiar beings.

Returning back to dragon form has resumed my draconic memory from when I left my dragon life last time.

"Huh? Wha... How'd I get here?" I asked, a little dazed and confused and paralyzed so I can't move.

Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:42 am

I turned my head to Aevlore, lifting my wing.
"You transformed from a human, as did I and Shaylle" I said quietly, then grinned "Nice to see you again, brother. It seems all three of us must have some unfinished business here, what that is, I haven't the faintest clue, because we've never been here, but we were obviously called by something. Might as well have a poke around"
I leaped into the air, did a front flip and landed skillfully on a rock.
"Remember humans from our old realm?" I asked Shaylle and Aevlore "It seems in this realm, they are the dominant race and have advanced further than your garden variety knight" I paused "The realm of humans - we're gonna love it" I finished sarcastically.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:55 am

I was a little confused.. This was all too much to take in.

New realm, humans as the dominant race.. I got a headache from it..

"What? Huh? Go easy on me! I just got back to myself!" I replied, trying to stand, but stumbling. I was still weak from my coma.

"Okay, let me guess this straight.. We are in a different realm, right? And there are humans in this realm? What about dragons? Surely there must be dragons here, right? RIGHT?!" I said, getting more concerned by the minute..

Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:00 pm

"Sorry Aev" I replied "And I'm not sure about the dragons, I didn't see any on the way here, I don't smell any. But don't worry, they might be some in hiding, humans...they don't believe in us" I said, lowering my head sadly.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:04 pm

I sighed in relief and I looked around, smelling the nitrogen, sulphur and methane filled air around.. "What IS that smell?" I asked.

Back to top Go down
Shaylle
Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:04 pm

I stayed silent as the two others talked.
Back to top Go down
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:14 pm

"That smell? Oh, its the humans and their machines" I replied, then saw something far away "Oh geez, they have flying machines now!" I said, shocked.

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Self   

Back to top Go down

Alternate Self
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next