AuthorMessage
CA_Dragon
Juvenile
Juvenile

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Your Awakening.   Wed May 09, 2007 5:14 pm

How was your awakening? How did it start,when did it start, where did it start, just the basic info such as that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaylle
Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male
Number of posts : 403
Otherkin Type : White Phoenix Dragon
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Wed May 09, 2007 7:23 pm

Mine started when my human self was very little. I was in what looked to be my aunt's house when I first had a vision of my otherkin self, coming down from the sunroof. He came over to me and told me it was time, in a low voice. Later that night, I had inexplicable nightmares about this very creature. These nightmares brought pain to me for some reason, and I could not wake up from them, even by the time I was fully aware it was only a dream. I eventually had awaken, although I could still never get used to them. I had the same dream at least once each year and then they stopped ever since I had found out about otherkin...

Last edited by on Sat May 12, 2007 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dragon-twilight.bbfr.net
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female
Number of posts : 463
Otherkin Type : Wolfdragoness
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Sat May 12, 2007 3:18 am

When I joined another Draconity forum, before I knew any other 'Kin. I've always been slightly Draconic in nature, without realizing it.

Judicial Dragon
Judicial Dragon

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Sun May 13, 2007 9:44 am

MIne was odd i guess , it was startung slowly in parts i was makeing up storys with a red dragon in it , i also 'saw my self faling down a black hole ' and after a while it just started to go hair while so much was happeing that day , and after a while mymakwaieng began.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CA_Dragon
Juvenile
Juvenile

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Wed May 16, 2007 5:12 pm

I was recently awoken around last year. I was always fond of dragons but I had never really been introduced to them. I knew what a dragon was...but I didn't know what a dragon WAS if that makes any sense at all. When I was younger, I had a dream of a dragon, I do not remember any specifics of the dream in fact the only thing I recall was a blue dragon, I have no idea why but I woke up bawling. I didn't think to much of it at the time. Time went on, I still was very fond of dragons but never thought much of them. Not to long ago I convinced myself to read a dragon book, this took a lot of convincing because at the time I was not very fond of reading. After I finished reading the book my interest sparked, I had to read more about dragons, I HAD to learn more. When I was not reading about dragons I had such an intense sad weirdish feeling thing that I can not explain, the feeling severally interrupted my school studies and social interaction, people could notice something was wrong with me and often ask if I was okay. One day as I was doing a usual dragon search on Google I ran into a site called Draconomicon, I believe it was called then, I read the FAQ part of the site which included detailed information about Draconity, everything seamed to fit together so seamlessly, interest, dislikes, etc. I was so happy, I felt like I had found a part of me... now days I am still trying to connect loose ends and go further in depth with my Draconity, I still have doubts occasionally and am learning something new about myself everyday. I also have no past life memories at all but I still occasionaly have a dream of that blue dragon, I still remember nothing of the dream every time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wicthdragon
Judicial Dragon
Judicial Dragon

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Thu May 24, 2007 12:28 am

Hay i heard of that site and your story is cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fireclaw
Ghost of the Shadows
Ghost of the Shadows

Female
Number of posts : 463
Otherkin Type : Wolfdragoness
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Thu May 24, 2007 1:02 am

I'll go into more detail about my awakening:

I joined a draconity forum, a few seconds later my brain went all fuzzy but then seemed a lot clearer, I realized who I was, what I was. I started to think about what I looked like as a dragon, I started to remember parts of my past as a dragon. I know I am who I am.

Juvenile
Juvenile

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Thu May 24, 2007 8:35 am

Wicthdragon wrote:
Hay i heard of that site and your story is cool.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorbash26
Hatchling
Hatchling

Male
Number of posts : 32
Otherkin Type : Dragon of nature
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Statistics
Health:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 am

mine was in may 2006. I was walking home from the asthma clinic and i decided to go to the shop and on the way i just suddenly had a vision of my past in my head but slightly altered and every night since then i've been having dreams of my past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tysha
Youngling
Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 63
Otherkin Type : Dragon
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:32 am

I didn't really have an awakening, being a walk in 'kin. The Illsyndra daekar Tysharina's soul/self was sent to join with the human host Tracey back in July 1991 and brought her memories with her. So we knew what we were without the soul-searching other 'kin have to go through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tyshadragon.co.uk
Rall
Juvenile
Juvenile

Male
Number of posts : 114
Otherkin Type : Emerald Forest Dragon
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Statistics
Health:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:31 am

Like i may/may not have said in a earlyer post. i just started my awakening atleast to a ull extent.

well my own tme to full awakening i guess started around the age of six. my first thing i felt happening we're limbs that was not there. then later that year i had a dream where i saw my dragon self. (most of you will know what happened nxt if you read the post i left in the forms). hen along with he feeling of limbs that weren't there, one day i had fallen asleep on our couch, when i woke up i felt diffrent and as i get up i realise i'am the dragon that i had seen about a month ago in my dream.

Then as my questioning side got the better of my as of late(as i had read a ew books by Edward Gram, dragon charm,dragon storm and dragon fire) (this next part was not longago) i startd look around th net, thats when i found a FAQ postd by Baxil as i read it like CA_Dragon, i to start to make my own connecions about it and well now im here im stll getting bits of my past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/zanis23
Aevlore
Free Spirited Phoenix Dragon

Male
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:42 am

All these stories seem really cool.

My awakening? Well, i'm not really sure, but I think it started in September 07. Ever since I was little and found out about dragons, I took a slight interest in them. As time went on, my interest in them.. Kind of halted for some unknown reason. I didn't like them any more or less as I aged.

When I entered my teen years, My like for dragons progressed again. Come my 16th birthday, I was at a point where I really liked dragons, as if I could draw pages of them and almost continuously thought about them.

I was doing Art coursework when I came across a dragon artist by the name of Kristen Buckner (She is a dragonkin too: Silvermoon Nightwing is her dragon name, I think). In her "About me" section on her site (www.nightwinggalleries.com) she mentioned she was otherkin and there was a link. I had no idea what Otherkin was until I clicked on that link. It seemed pretty awesome at the time, then I got fixated with reading more.

I scowered Google, finding anything and everything on Dragons,, otherkin and anything draconic. My knowledge grew and grew.

So when I got home, I was thinking to myself "Could I be an otherkin? If so, what animal was I?". That question alone plagued my mind for a while. I NEEDED to find out.

So I took all the things that I have liked, my behaviour over the years, etc. and put it all into consideration. I had quite a feral attitude in my younger years, because whenever I didn't get my own way, I would throw my weight around (Don't we all! ^.=.^). I don't think it fitted to dragon though.

I was tied up. I couldn't think properly. I was bound by what I was like and what I liked personally. I couldn't decide what i'd go with, so I went with the thing I liked the most: Dragons.

Quite an odd awakening if you ask me. No dreams, no visions or memories...

So what i'm saying is, I don't know if I actually am a dragonkin, so i'm saying I am. I never had any dreams dragon related.. Help me.

Last edited by Aevlore on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/full_time_dragon/
squall14
Egg
Egg

Male
Number of posts : 5
Otherkin Type : Dragon (Western)
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:00 am

My awakening was slightly ironic. I have always liked dragons, ever since I can remember knowing about them. So over a year ago I went onto the internet looking for what I called the online dragon community (what I was looking for was people who liked dragons as much as I did) and I came across (apart from alt.fan.dragons) was KaniS' site, Draconic, and it clicked; I must be a dragon. I think I only really belied it because for me it was so blindingly obvious that I couldn't miss it unless I didn't actually know otherkin existed...ironic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aevlore

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 am

I wouldn't really call it ironic myself. These sorta things click immediately, leaving you to figure out things from there on.

As i've told you before, you should try finding out who you were and what type of dragon you were. I believe it'll make you life a little easier.
Back to top Go down
squall14
Egg
Egg

Male
Number of posts : 5
Otherkin Type : Dragon (Western)
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:05 am

I saw it as ironic because I look back and think "how did i not see this earlier?" I guess without a better explanation I put it down to imagination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aevlore

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:28 am

Ah.. That was like me. All my life I knew I had some sort of bond between me and a dragon, but on Sept '07, I found out what it was!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Awakening.   

Back to top Go down

Your Awakening.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1