Female
Number of posts : 463
Otherkin Type : Wolfdragoness
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: A question of magic...   Wed May 23, 2007 10:09 am

As a dragon, did you use magic? (that doesn't include breath weapons by the way) or did you prefer to just use your limbs? I sometimes used magic, when it was necessary.

Hatchling
Hatchling

Male
Number of posts : 32
Otherkin Type : Dragon of nature
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Statistics
Health:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   Wed May 23, 2007 12:34 pm

i use magic instead of fisticuffs anyday 'cause you can take out foes from a distance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaylle
Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male
Number of posts : 403
Otherkin Type : White Phoenix Dragon
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   Wed May 23, 2007 1:09 pm

I have powers, although they are not magical. I do not really use magic...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dragon-twilight.bbfr.net
Wicthdragon
Judicial Dragon
Judicial Dragon

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: magic   Thu May 24, 2007 12:30 am

I DO as much as i can ' and all the people gods and so on had magic there.
ps hay shall what gifts do you have>?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaylle
Master of Skies
Master of Skies

Male
Number of posts : 403
Otherkin Type : White Phoenix Dragon

Statistics
Health:
67/67  (67/67)

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 am

Wicthdragon wrote:
ps hay shall what gifts do you have>?

Mine are more mind and body energy powers, like fire breath for one thing, lightning strikes, telepathic abillities, self-matter dissipating, healing powers, where I can convert my energy to give to another or myself to heal wounds and I get my large healing powers from God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dragon-twilight.bbfr.net
Wicthdragon
Judicial Dragon
Judicial Dragon

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   Sat May 26, 2007 12:23 am

Good to know and way cool/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tysha
Youngling
Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 63
Otherkin Type : Dragon
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:39 am

Yes, Illsyndrans used energy manipulation when needed.

Hurrah for having a LiveJournal archive, its so much easier than having to type this up from scratch for each forum Wink

Although we never called it magick I guess it would fit under that heading here.

We believe that all living things generate energy, from the smallest weed to the tallest tree, the tiniest insect to the largest dragon. We don't know HOW this energy is generated or why, we just know it is. Looking at it since arriving here I wonder if its a by-product of the oxygen/carbon dioxide process.

We learn at an early age how to see energy, the best attempt at describing it would be like a coloured fog around its source. I know Flare asked about colours before so I better explain the different colours on Illsyndra, plants usually give off a brown-green coloured energy, usually matching its leaves or roots, but sometimes the energy matches the colour of its flowers (if it has any). An animal's energy (dragons included) is usually the chosen colour of the creator. Mine is usually a glittery green-blue which matches my scales, why? because I like it that colour!

After learning how to see the energy, we learn how to feel it, again the closest I can get to describing it is that its like running your hand through water without getting wet. We learn both of these techniques through practice and concentration.

Once we've learnt both of these we then practice drawing energy into ourselves. This is done by placing our hands over the energy and willing it into ourselves. We draw it up through our hands, up our arms and into our scales where we can store it for a while until needed. We usually take energy from plants as they seem to be able to generate excess energy the easiest, and we only take what we need, we'd never drain all the energy from any living thing.

The energy we store in our scales will eventually disperse, which is why we try to only take what we need. At a rough guess I would say it lasts about 3-4 weeks before fading.

The first use for this energy we learn is shielding. Although Illsyndran dragons have pretty tough scales we do have weak spots and even though I often describe Illsyndra as a dragon-made haven, we still have our fair share of unpleasant visitors.

Unlike most human-made shields which are 'bubble' shaped, Illsyndran shields are body-shaped. We gather the energy together, usually in our chest, then project it around our bodies, about 2-3cm away from ourselves. Most of us, myself included, picture it as tight interlocking scales, although others have their own techniques. This might sound quite simple but it can take a while to master a decent sheild which won't vanish as soon as you move! I think it must have taken me about 6 months to finally perfect my technique but with lots of practice it is possible to automatically create and constantly power a sheild without really thinking about it.

I will add that since being here I have had to resort to using the 'bubble' as I just cannot get the energy to work in the same way as it does back home.

The second main use for the energy is healing. Although our bodies naturally heal quickly (as long as there is a soul present) applying energy to a wound can help speed up the process even more. Sometimes an injury will use up a lot of the bodies' own energy so adding a 'foreign' energy can ensure the body doesn't lose too much of its own. To apply the energy we just send it back down our arms, into our hands then just apply it to the wound, visualising it closing up and healing.

We also use that technique for mending physical objects.

So that is our magick. I guess the energy usage could be classed as being spells but we would just consider them workings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tyshadragon.co.uk
Askarera
Hatchling
Hatchling

Female
Number of posts : 35
Otherkin Type : dragonkin
Registration date : 2007-09-16

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:30 am

i have some powers but what to call them at this time i have no idea. i guess the best way to descirbe them is the power of suggestion and knowing what will happen in a given time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rall
Juvenile
Juvenile

Male
Number of posts : 114
Otherkin Type : Emerald Forest Dragon
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Statistics
Health:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 am

Tysha your, people and mine seem to have simalar ideas when it comes to useing magic.

my people like yours belived that every living that had its own energy. diffrently though is that my people didn't need to see the energy, from what i can remember from the moment we hatched we could feel the diffrent energys around us, learning to ID them with a live thing.

my people used this energy never to harm, how ever. we always used it to heal or just protect.

we were also taught how to use a plants energy to take out the healing properties of it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/zanis23
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question of magic...   

Back to top Go down

A question of magic...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1